Friday, October 21, 2011

The Many Feelings of a Diagnosis of Cancer

If you have been recently been given a diagnosis of cancer you are probably experiencing a wide variety of emotions: fear, anger, sadness, guilt, helplessness and anxiety. It is important to deal with these feelings so that they do not hinder you in your fight against the cancer. At some time or another almost all people with cancer will have some or all of the following feelings:

Denial and Disbelief

Alternative Cancer

Newly diagnosed patients sometimes deny that they have cancer. After all, they think, I've not been that sick, how could I have cancer? Denial can be an obstacle to appropriate and timely treatment; you must accept the diagnosis to begin fighting the cancer.

Fear

The word cancer stirs up fears in everyone. Fears such as What is going to happen to me? Am I going to survive? Who is going to pay for all this medical care if I am sick? are very common in newly diagnosed cancer patients. Talking with others with cancer can help resolve some of the fears.

Anger

Anger may stem from feelings of Why did this happen to me? Anger also comes from the disruption of your life, goals and your dreams. Discussing your feelings with others who are in the same situation can help put these feelings into perspective.

Stress and Anxiety

Stress and anxiety are common reactions to a cancer diagnosis and may manifest with physical symptoms such as headaches, difficulty sleeping, and loss of appetite. The immune system may be affected so finding a means to relieve stress is very important. Go get a manicure or a massage, walk, read a good book. Attend a support group; ask your oncologist for a referral to a mental health professional for a consultation if you are not able to cope.

Loss of Control

A cancer diagnosis can make life seem out of control. You can help reduce these feelings of powerlessness by exercising the control you do have over your situation. Increase your knowledge and understanding of the cancer that you are diagnosed with, research your treatment options and the side effects of these treatments.

Guilt

You may blame yourself for causing your family worry and grief. You may worry about becoming a burden to your family; physically and financially. Support groups and counseling for both the patient and the family, can be helpful in the ability to overcome the destructive impact these feelings can bring.

Loneliness

It is not uncommon for newly diagnosed cancer patients to want to shut out everyone and everything at times but the support from caring friends and family can be a tremendous resource. They may not know how you feel, but they do want to help you.

Depression

Many patients with cancer and their families can experience some level of depression. Feelings of dread, hopelessness and a sense that life has no meaning are not uncommon feelings. If you experience symptoms of depression, ask your doctor for a referral to a mental health professional.

It is important to remember that you are not alone in your fight against cancer and to not lose hope. Researchers are constantly making discoveries that one day might result in a cure for cancer. In the meantime, the best hope for successful treatment comes from learning all you can about the details of the cancer diagnosis and the treatment options available. First, find out the name of the cancer, its size and location, where it started and if it has spread. Find out if it's usually a slow growing cancer or an aggressive one. You need this information for get an accurate understanding of your options.

The Many Feelings of a Diagnosis of Cancer

Alternative Cancer

2 comments:

  1. I am very much delighted. To everyone reading this,i want to inform the public on how i got cured from stage 2 ovarian cancer by Dr Itua Herbal Medicines. i have been suffering from ovarian cancer, and i have also taken treatment from my doctor but no way out,few weeks back i came on the internet to see if i will be able to get any information as to curing Cancers, on my search i saw various testimony of people who was healed from Uterine Cancers and Brain Tumors by the good doctor, called Dr Itua. without any hesitation, i contacted his email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and i wrote him and and he guided me,i asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me so i started using the medicine, after the period of three weeks given to me by Dr Itua i was completely cured nomore tumors on my body was found anymore. So dear viewer why living your life in therapist or chemo?contact him now on WhatsApp +2348149277967 he is able to cure the listed diseases:Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Pancreative Cancer,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Kidney cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,
    Intestinal cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis.
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,

    ReplyDelete
  2. TESTIMONY OF HOW I GOT CURED FROM (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) BY THE GREAT HEALER DOCTOR OLUTA
    Hello everyone I am here to testify of the great work Dr Oluta did in my life with the help of his herbal traditional medicine. I have been suffering from Herpes since 2017 and ever since then I have been looking for solutions on how to cure it. I have being to different hospitals but I discovered none of them was working out for me that I was just wasting money. So I decided to live everything to God, then I was taking my medications to sustain my life and reduce the pains. So on this particular Sunday morning after coming back from service I sat down and begin to ask myself questions, then my phone rang behold it was my sister calling which I answered the call and she started telling me that a friend of hers who has been suffering from same herpes has just been cured by Dr Oluta the herbal medicine man. Then I was over whelmed, even though I was a little bit confused so she encourage me to also give Dr Oluta a trial and see for myself then I told her to help me get his contact and forward them to me, So immediately she got the contact of Dr Oluta and send them to me, immediately I contacted Dr Oluta and he told me everything I needed to do to enable me get the herbs for my medications and immediately i did that which he instructed me to do without wasting anytime. And here I am today sound and healthy without any symptoms of herpes or any sickness in my body system. And he also told me that there is no sickness on this planet earth that doesn’t have a cure that with the help of herbs he can cure any sickness or disease you can ever think off. So if you are suffering from HERPES or any other sickness or disease and you need a cure you can also contact Dr Oluta with this Email Address at (dr.olutaspellcaster@gmail.com) or add him on whatsapp +2349065326267 so you can also receive your healing and share your testimony  

    ReplyDelete